David \ (macross3@excite.com)
Sat, 27 May 2000 14:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 27 May 2000 16:29:08 -0400, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> "Robotech II:The Sentinels" Makes you REALLY want to watch Macross Plus
and 7.
> Saban's version of "Sailor Moon" This remake is too evil to describe.

It was fairly bad, more boring than awful.

> "Dragonball Adventures" A new American animated series coming soon based
on Akira Toriyama's big manga/anime franchise, which arguably has the worst
dub in anime history....

Really? I never heard anything about this...

If they were to remake the show shot for shot it would be okay, but it would
be expensive. The fact of the matter is that old shows have a lot more
"movement" than newer ones. Newer ones rely on trick shots and freeze frames
to tell most of their stories, with the animation being very good because
the character movements are rather limited. I mean, you COULD update the
show with better artwork, but animating the movements more smoothly would
cost a lot.

Jojo