Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Sat, 27 May 2000 16:29:08 -0400

We only need to look at the following examples of how we handle established anime properties:
"The New Adventures Of Speed Racer" Anybody even remember that SR had an American-made sequel?
"Robotech II:The Sentinels" Makes you REALLY want to watch Macross Plus and 7.
Saban's version of "Sailor Moon" This remake is too evil to describe.
"Voltron 3D"...ugghhhhh
"Dragonball Adventures" A new American animated series coming soon based on Akira Toriyama's big manga/anime franchise, which arguably has the worst dub in anime history....
 "Fist Of The North Star" Live-action movie
 "Street Fighter" Live-action move....not technically anime, but a Japanese property nonetheless.
 "Godzilla"-Ditto.
 "Guyver" Live-action movie..

  I've yet to see an American-made adaptation of anything Japanese that does'nt mess up it's source material....