Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Fri, 26 May 2000 18:54:34 -0700

I believe it was Mark Simmons who said that GunEz is a stopgap MS for League
Militare while development for Victory continue. After Victory Gundam hits
the production line, LM turn over GunEz production to GunBlaster (Much more
thruster for better maneuverability.

> > But the 'brain' is still the CoreFighters. In the TV
>
> The brain is in the pilot's head :)
>
> > show, we only get to see around 6 V Gundam/Hexa, and
>
> But is it a limited supply of the CF? I still think the most expensive
> part is the top part, and the CF should be the cheapest. The top parts
> contains the main propulsion of the combined MS, the reactor to power the
> rifle and shield, the upper limbs and it goes through the most complicated
> transformation in order to combine with the other components. The CF only
> has to fold the nose cone in and the wings.

No, the most expensive part is still the CF. Majority of the power for the
mobile suit comes from the CF (unlike the original Gundam). It is really a
wonderful piece of machine (though I'd change the vulcan on the Core Fighter
to beam cannon instead, it has more than enough power to do this).

As for the power for the rifle... They launch several missions with the boot
and a beam rifle attached to a CF, and it fires just fine. The rifle seemed
to be rather self contain in terms of power requirements.

> Unless you prove otherwise, I still believe that availability of V Gundam
> is limited by both capable pilots and cost of the whole MS (not just the
> CF). The entire MS is expensive so you won't give it to the newbie who
> would bail every few missions. But still your ace pilots would get into
> situations right, so you need to dump the top or bottom parts. But the CF
> is rescued, not because it's expensive, but because the PILOT is in there.

They treat every part of Victory Gundam that's not CF like throwaway parts.
They must have blown up aleast 20 mobile suit worth of parts, not counting
CF.

> > Anaheim Electronics or SNRI of the past. That's why we
> > see Usso's father working very hard trying to drum up
> > support from the Federal Force to help their cause
>
> But there's also a manpower problem right?

Unlike AEUG, which has wide colony support and large dissenting elements in
EFF, League Millitare is made up of only a minor fraction of people from
EFF, and some of the colony. In more than one sense, the Gryps War (Zeta)
is a EFF civil war between Titans and the Anti-Titans.

> There's no evidence one way or another that V2 was the one-and-only made.
> So by my extrapolation, it's also a mass-producible MS. But by the time
> the war was ending, only one was availble to the frontline.

If Victory Gundam is expensive to make, V2 is even more so. They designed
V2 for one person, Usso. It also contains very experimental technology.

> The comparison is to the Stealth Bomber in today's USAF. The number is
> limited because it's so damn expensive, but as long as the army can
> afford it, they'd love to make a few thousands of them.

There are diminishing returns in terms of getting alot of them.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]