Salamangka (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 26 May 2000 23:35:27 GMT

> What is the main reason or reasons, whichever the case may be, it costs so

>much that a Gundam is mostly a one of a kind or a few prototypes? The armor

>material, the internal systems? I do see the point of mass produced Gundam's,

>but wouldn't a GM that's equal to that Gundam of that era be just as good or

>is there certain things that are very expensive to make that are used in the

>creation of a Gundam?
>Aaron

In this case, a prototype isn't just a proof-of concept design; it is a showcase
of how good cutting edge technology can be -- which is usually stratospheric
in terms of production versus money. SO the gundam will always be better than
the GM's derived from it.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter