Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Tue, 23 May 2000 18:29:11 MST

SNIP

>I personally think that the old Gundam's animation is much better than all
>the Hanna-Barbera stuff CN constantly plays.....
>Besides, is'nt the redone animation in the movies(Which could be played as
>part of Cartoon theather)at least as good as Macross?
>We also have to remember than CN played G-force.....

Well, I think Macross has better animation than the original Gundam series.
However, I hasten to add that this is less of a judgement of the technical
quality of the animation than it is a judge of the look and style of the
series. If you compare the original Gundam to Macross or to Z Gundam, the
original's mecha and ship drawings tended to be much simpler. A lot of the
mobile suit redesigns done for later series seem to consist mainly of adding
details which were not present rather than changing stuff. In addition, the
original series' character designs seem to be very "70s", whereas those in Z
Gundam and Macross are more "80s" (which means these are getting on in years
as well).