Jason McLawhorn (Gzilla2000@webtv.net)
Tue, 23 May 2000 17:27:39 -0400 (EDT)

Where can I get the 0079 novel? How much is it? Is it any good?

Jason

attached mail follows:

> I was just thinking ... pretty much every successful
> franchise, whether in the US or Japan, has extensive

> marketing. Be it Babylon 5 in North America, or
> Gundam in Japan. You can count on there being the
> full assortment of T-Shirts, novels, stickers,
> models, etc. Now there are obviously Gundam model
> kits, manga, source books, art books, etc, but what
> else is out there? I for one wouldn't mind having a
> swank Gundam T-Shirt, and I could go for a
Federation
> logo on my computer case, but I've never seen such
> things anywhere online.

Actually there are official Gundam Ts (manufactured by
Cospa and Bandai itself), but like you've said, the
markets are basically for Japan, as Sunrise never
realize the marketing potential of overseas markets
for a good two decades! With the success of Gundam
Wing in U.S., I believe things should look up with a
gradual influx of Gundam merchandises, beginning with
models and action figures, then T-shirts, books,
translated mangas, etc..

> Also, have there ever been any Gundam novels? When
> you look at the extensive collection of Star Wars
> sidestories done in print, I'd be amazed if the
> Gundam universe hasn't spawned a few. Obviously
these
> would be in Japanese, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Almost all of Gundam animation series (including UC
and AC) and sidestories were written as novels or
mangas in Japan. Some of them are already translated
and published in U.S. (e.g. Blue Destiny manga, 0079
manga, 0079 novel, etc); translated Wing's novel and
manga should come soon to U.S..

> And how about a GML T-shirt? =)

Hear! Hear!

Nightingale.