Lime (gbc76@dial.pipex.com)
Mon, 22 May 2000 19:17:25 +0100

>ummm...IIRC didn't Toy Story 2 have some song routines?

Dunno. Haven't seen it.
To be honest I tend to go through phases where I don't go to the cinema
much - except with friends. The last film I saw was South Park, and the one
before that... I have no idea.

>>Well, the songs have made their films what they are for so long, that it's
>>like Linus with his security blanket.
>
>yeah, because mainly that's also what their target audience would like to
have in a Disney film

I was talking to my Dad the other night and I had a thought. What *would*
have been good would have been for Warner Bros [let's say] to have done an
animated version of 'War of the Worlds.' sometime late 40's early 50's. It
would have probably been a better looking film than any live action version
from that time would have been. Plus, of course, people would have a far
less blinkered view of what you can do with animation...