James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Tue, 23 May 2000 00:13:48 -0800

>In a message dated 5/22/00 11:19:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jboren@earthlink.net writes:
>
><< I don't know about anyone else on
> this list but I loved Kondo's 0079 comic and animevillage stalling
> on 08th MS team doesn't bode well. >>
>
> No, it doesn't, we have NO idea what the reason for the delay is. I will
>not fall prey to nay saying, I must have a reason for the delay until I fear
>the state of US Gundam. A major announcement could be brewing from Bandai for
>all we know. They could even be reanimating the 0079 TV series by today's
>standard's and then release that in US and Japan, for all we know.
>
> Yes, I see your point, I want more written Gundam material translated into
>English as well, but a variety of Gundam shows, no just AC, but UC as well,
>need to be shown on US TV in order to generate an interest for more written
>Gundam material to be made in English.
>
>Aaron

That's what I'm trying to say. I just got vol.7 of Kondo's 0079 comic
(in japanese of course) and his work seems to get better every issue.
I'm just annoyed that I won't get see it in english.

  BTW, this vol. 7 covers the attempted Zeon invasion of Jaburo. Kondo
excells at these big battle scenes and here he pulls out all the
stops, giving cameos to all the quirky experimental zeon MS. I know
Kondo has pulled scenes from the movies, as well as the TV series for
his comic, so I was wondering if the following scenes were from TV,
or his invention?

Amuro spears the Zogock with the beam javelin as he's chasing Char
underneath Jaburo.

Kai and Hayato battle a Gog in the tunnels underneath Jaburo while
water is flooding from holes in the walls. (It's up to their MS's
waist)

Amuro battles the Bigro with the Full Armored Gundam

other stuff in the comic-
Fredrick Brown (MS Senki) makes an appearance.

Kondo tear another page from Star Wars in his design of Jaburo's
defenses. He has these Ion cannons(straight from Empire) rise up out
of the jungle on towers (like the surface of the Death Star). I would
be really annoyed at that but Kondo makes it look so cool as these
guns pick Gaus out of the sky.

We get a shot of Kondo's retconed Zakrello. He's turned it into a
brother of the Bigro.

-James