Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Tue, 23 May 2000 04:39:45 GMT

I'll take each of these in turn...

>The quick change out from GP-01 to GP-01fb highly suggests some
>technology that gives you much of the functional improvement of the
>mobile frame technology, and being able to outfit the GP-04 with
>entirely different body armor necessitates a mobile frame, which
>seriously calls into question the Anaheim's need for the MkII's
>mobile frame technology.

Remember that the GP-01 is probably designed for this upgrade to be
installed quickly, probably as a series of modular pieces added onto the
core fighter. As for the GP-04... It's never been officially established
that the Gerbera Tetra is in fact the GP-04. Besides, Zeonic engineers
generally use Monoquoque armor, and a simple anchoring frame can be built
around the innards of the GP04 to attach the plates on to fairly simply.

>Also, I have not seen any technical specs
>that would suggest that the MkII is in any way better than the GP-01,
>GP-02, GP-03, or GP-04.

Remember here that the 0080 and 0083 Mobile Suit specs are generally
overpowered for their time...

>My point is that if AE had the engineering
>know-how to make the GP line of suits, then the beginning of Zeta,
>which implies that the Federation has a technological lead on AE,
>makes no sense. Especially if the suits that AE made in 0083 are
>better than the federation suits of 0087.

But, what if the Titans had a mole inside Anaheim, who could have destroyed
the GP Project data? Quite frankly, every point you make can easily be
answered...