David \ (macross3@excite.com)
Mon, 22 May 2000 16:18:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 22 May 2000 19:12:45 -0400, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> That's the trouble with super-franchises like Gundam that rely on
> continuity. Just look at Star Wars novels and comics, and even at the new
> movie, there are some things which just don't match up with each other.
For
> instance, the novels and comics created this whole history for Boba Fett
and
> stuff, but some guy who works for Lucasfilm just said that Fett's origins
in
> Episode II will be completely different....oh well....

Sure, that's what happens when you have so many people working on one
franchise. You get their takes on the title.

Personally, I don't mind alternate continuities all that much. When you have
a guy try to take someone else's continuity and try to stick with it as
close as possible, you usually get something less creative and more
watered-down. Different takes on a franchise helps keep it fresh.

Jojo