Mon, 22 May 2000 18:59:17 +0800

gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>I've been thinking about this too. The GP-01 converts quite easily into a
>space interceptor. Doesn't it seem logical that they were testing out
>methods to adapt the next generation GMs at least for space combat duty with
>minimum modifications to make it spaceworthy?

now that you've mentioned it, the idea sure is logical

>> The gp02a can be converted into a Dom-like role fighter, heavy officer's
>unit.
>
>This one is kind of hard to buy for me. It has an unusual achilles heel for
>a frontline unit (a coolant system in it's shield???!!!) which means it was
>definitely not meant to go head to head. Anything that big isn't stealthy
>either - but it sure is damn fast. Is it mainly because the thing was meant
>to fire, cover and run from a nuke as fast as possible as its main function?
>It also seemed faster than the GP-01 (at least from my POV) and that could
>mean the 02 is heavily souped up compared to the 01.

but then they can redesign it so that the shield will be smaller, and the cooling system will then be set into the MS itself...but still, one of the weak points is the shoulder-mounted boosters. what if it gets damaged? in a melee, those shoulder units are pretty tempting targets for an enemy to chop off. they ought to put boosters in other places

>> the gp03? well....it's an MA.
>
>Go figure. This thing can destroy fleets and wipe out hordes of wee folk as
>well. Is it possible to make a lot of these? I don't think so...
>
>It would probably have been cheaper to produce several ships and MSes than
>to produce one of these...

well...it does have its rewards if they have money to spend on at least one unit