Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Mon, 22 May 2000 17:34:11 +0800

From: Salamangka <gaijin@i-manila.com.ph>

> The gp01 was a fine example of a very powerful ground combat unit. rather
than
> emphasize weapons power, it took into account speed and agility. Very
unusual.
> The FB is a very useful space interceptor. I would say it has the most
useful
> design.

I've been thinking about this too. The GP-01 converts quite easily into a
space interceptor. Doesn't it seem logical that they were testing out
methods to adapt the next generation GMs at least for space combat duty with
minimum modifications to make it spaceworthy?

> The gp02a can be converted into a Dom-like role fighter, heavy officer's
unit.

This one is kind of hard to buy for me. It has an unusual achilles heel for
a frontline unit (a coolant system in it's shield???!!!) which means it was
definitely not meant to go head to head. Anything that big isn't stealthy
either - but it sure is damn fast. Is it mainly because the thing was meant
to fire, cover and run from a nuke as fast as possible as its main function?
It also seemed faster than the GP-01 (at least from my POV) and that could
mean the 02 is heavily souped up compared to the 01.

> the gp03? well....it's an MA.

Go figure. This thing can destroy fleets and wipe out hordes of wee folk as
well. Is it possible to make a lot of these? I don't think so...

It would probably have been cheaper to produce several ships and MSes than
to produce one of these...

> and the gp04 simply kicks butt.

I have reservations about that - but 15 seconds of screentime isn't much to
go on I guess... :P

 Fed