Lime (gbc76@dial.pipex.com)
Sat, 20 May 2000 17:57:25 +0100

>>the whole burst into song thing is a trend that's got to stop.....just
look
>>at Prince of Egypt, which I though was ok...except for the songs..

Trend? Blame Disney because that's where it all started. Snow White had
songs, and by all accounts did quite well : ) So the next one they made had
songs too...
And they're still doing it. I understand the only reason Toy Story *didn't*
was because Pixar put they're foot down and said no...

>Unfortunately, Disney seems to be very attached to their songs.

Well, the songs have made their films what they are for so long, that it's
like Linus with his security blanket.

>Furthermore, it seems to me like the quality of the songs has gone down in
>recent years. The Academy should have given the oscar to Blame Canada.

Oh. I forgot that South Park was a musical. Make that *two* musicals I have
any time for.