Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Sat, 20 May 2000 06:01:05 -0700

>I've seen the whole of Wing and on the whole, was impressed by the
animation quality. However, >the first 20 episodes seemed to suffer
from some frame recycling

Yeah Wing probably uses more stock footage than any other Gundam series.
I don't know how the G armor transformations were handled in MS Gundam
since haven't got that far yet, so it might have more. I'd probably
rather see a high quality stock Wing transformation, than a good one in
one episode and a sloppy one in the next.

I do think that they were done well and used to pretty good effect,
unlike say in Macross where we see the exact same distinctive animation
of a zentradi ship getting destroyed several times during the series.

---Brett Jensen