Vladimir Len (vjlen@mindspring.com)
Fri, 19 May 2000 14:33:19 -0500

> Well every kid I've shown Totoro, or The Iron Giant to have loved them!
> Neither of those movies are musicals. Disney lack any desire to innovate!
> (deep Canvas does not count)

I think kids can connect with the Iron Giant because of Hogarth -- they want
to be in his shoes (me included.)

I haven't seen Totoro (yes, really, I haven't seen it), so can't comment on
it.

As a fan of animation in general, what I'm hoping is the influx of anime and
newer non-Disney but American-produced animated features shifts animation to
be seen more as a medium in the US, rather than a genre for (usually)
children. It'll take alot to do that however, time included ^_^;;

And with that, more Gundam for the US market.

And free beer.

But I digress.

Where's my 1/100 Master Grade GP-03 Dendrobium?...

- Vlad ("dream a little dream with me...")