Vladimir Len (vjlen@mindspring.com)
Fri, 19 May 2000 05:20:25 -0500

> then a Disney movie. I don't like Disney's animation, don't get
> me wrong its
> very good, its just too cartoony for me. I am older and expect
> more mature
> "real" and less cartoony, animation level.

It's because Disney caters to the family, and they do everything basically
as a musical. Gotta keep the kiddies entertained and in their seats. Hence
the "G" ratings from movie to movie (for the most part -- did Tarzan get a
PG? I don't remember.)

I'm older and mature, but that doesn't mean the occasional Disney movie
doesn't entertain me. It's cheaper than going to a Broadway show, and in
some cases (anyone see Rent? *puke*), a hell of alot cheaper and better.

It's still no substitute for anime :D

One of my pet projects in college was to storyboard a "Disney" version of
"Gundam" -- songs and all... I drank _way_ too much in college ;)

- Vlad