Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Fri, 19 May 2000 16:59:12 +0800

Guys, look into this. Looks interesting. There's even an email addy to the
author of this article.

I haven't read the article in question yet - but it's about Pokemon. I feel
someone's going to die soon... ^_^

Fed

************* Message From Gundam ML*******************
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Maier
To: gundam@aeug.org
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 6:30 AM
Subject: [gundam] (OT)anti-anime article....

I hate when I find this stuff....what is it with some people and anime! I
mean, it's OK to not like it, but I really hate it when people go out of
their way to insult it's fans, and even question the way in which it is
made. Anyway, here are some excerpts from a particuarlly annoying article
from some guy:

"It's pronounced "ah-NEE-may," but for this cartoon fan at least, "anime" =
"anemic.one gathers that the garish violence is what's attracting the
kiddies.All of the characters have the same glassy eyes and barely moving
lips (it costs less to animate them that way, you know). And the characters
all move the same way: little more than they need to.
After being spoiled in the last few years with imaginative cartoons such as
Space Jam, The Rugrats Movie, and The Iron Giant--not to mention the
high-quality Disney productions of the past decade--it's insulting to be
served a cartoon whose style is almost as nausea-inspiring as the jittery
camera techniques of The Blair Witch Project. Even an average episode of
"The Simpsons" has more thought behind it than this.. If this crudely
animated stuff is enough to attract a following, what would its fans do if
someone showed them a real cartoon?"

Feel free to E-mail him at: SKAD13@aol.com and tell him how you feel.