Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Fri, 19 May 2000 00:35:26 MST

> >>Macross PLus was simply incredible. It's a good example of a "sequel"
> >>that's
> >>just as good as the original. Not to mention the likes of Sharon Apple
> >>make
> >>it very HAL-like. It's like Top Gun meets 2001.
> >I wonder what the Kubrick/Spielberg film "A.I." will look like.
>
>I've heard of it. any places where I can get a sneak peek at it? The
>Japanese
>have a very cautious attitude about AI, if their anime is any indication.

Well, the Coming Attractions website has a page on it:
http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/mainFramed.html

The stuff on the CA page is about all I know, but it sounds pretty cool.

> >>best
> >>YES! I love those shorts! I've only seen a copuple, but the style of
>those
>
> >>short cartoons were among the most...innovative I've seen.
> >One of the interesting things is seeing how much the influenced the look
>of
>
> >the Batman animated series.
>
>Stylistically, the Batman and the Superman stuff was among the best I've
>seen
>in american TV stuff. I also love the shows where the comic book writers
>wrote
>the script...very nice and gritty. It was like watching pulp fiction
>visually.
> Batman's film noir feel is also quite refreshing. From teh little 've
>seen
>of Superman...I was impressed...the scene where he jumps of the cliff or
>something
>like that and flies (as a teenager) just gave me the goose bumps.

You can tell a great deal of time went into creating the look of the
original Batman animated series. I really liked the retro look. I can't
say I really like the more recent Batman/Superman iteration quite as much.