Salamangka (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 19 May 2000 22:58:00 GMT

I don't know about you, but if I watched Mononoke Hime
>and Mulan one after the other...I would have a greater mental attachment to

>San more than Mulan.
>KurenaiJiku

Hmmm. I wasn't too thrilled with the way Mulan was presented either. it makes
for a great story, but not accurate, just like Little Mermaid and Beauty and
the Beast. and horror of horrors, Hunchback.

In front Mission 3 for example, there are a lot of filipino stuff. but Semaun,
one of the characters...well, his name is derived from Simoun, from El Filibusterismo,
one of the seminal novels in Philippine history...and the character there...is
not what Simoun was. I was kinda uncomfortable with it. Jose, the filipino
chracter you do get to play, is okay by me...

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919