David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Thu, 18 May 2000 19:17:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 May 2000 22:03:01 -0400, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> He has a webpage of some kind, where he basically dwelves into Looney
Tunes
> and old Laurel and Hardy movies and stuff like that. He's basically
reviewed
> every animation release over the last decade...except Mononoke. I bet if
> that guy saw Mononoke his opinion would change for the better.

No, he probably wouldn't. I'm know I'm gonna sound controversial and start
being prejudiced here, but a lot of animation fans of old stuff like Looney
Tunes and Golden Age Disney movies tend not to look too kindly on anime.
Whether it is a refusal to abandon the stuff they grew up with or a refusal
to change with the times I do not know, but the really hardcore ones I've
come across are even more narrow-minded than narrow-minded otaku. That's
saying a lot.

Jojo