KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@tech-base.com)
Thu, 18 May 2000 16:06:34 -0700

WHAT AN A-HOLE.  I would email him but I don't want to waste my time.

I hate when I find this stuff....what is it with some people and anime! I mean, it's OK to not like it, but I really hate it when people go out of their way to insult it's fans, and even question the way in which it is made. Anyway, here are some excerpts from a particuarlly annoying article from some guy:

From Deja.com, by Steven Bailey,:

"It's pronounced "ah-NEE-may," but for this cartoon fan at least, "anime" = "anemic.one gathers that the garish violence is what's attracting the kiddies.All of the characters have the same glassy eyes and barely moving lips (it costs less to animate them that way, you know). And the characters all move the same way: little more than they need to.
After being spoiled in the last few years with imaginative cartoons such as Space Jam, The Rugrats Movie, and The Iron Giant--not to mention the high-quality Disney productions of the past decade--it's insulting to be served a cartoon whose style is almost as nausea-inspiring as the jittery camera techniques of The Blair Witch Project. Even an average episode of "The Simpsons" has more thought behind it than this.. If this crudely animated stuff is enough to attract a following, what would its fans do if someone showed them a real cartoon?"

Feel free to E-mail him at: SKAD13@aol.com and tell him how you feel.