Vince Leon (vleon@u.arizona.edu)
Thu, 18 May 2000 15:43:10 -0700

Where can i find the actual article?

Vince Leon
vleon@u.arizona.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Maier [SMTP:oom9@crosswinds.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 3:31 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: [gundam] (OT)anti-anime article....

 << File: ATT00005.htm >> I hate when I find this stuff....what is it with
some people and anime! I mean, it's OK to not like it, but I really hate it
when people go out of their way to insult it's fans, and even question the
way in which it is made. Anyway, here are some excerpts from a particuarlly
annoying article from some guy:

>From Deja.com, by Steven Bailey,:

"It's pronounced "ah-NEE-may," but for this cartoon fan at least, "anime" =
"anemic.one gathers that the garish violence is what's attracting the
kiddies.All of the characters have the same glassy eyes and barely moving
lips (it costs less to animate them that way, you know). And the characters
all move the same way: little more than they need to.
After being spoiled in the last few years with imaginative cartoons such as
Space Jam, The Rugrats Movie, and The Iron Giant--not to mention the
high-quality Disney productions of the past decade--it's insulting to be
served a cartoon whose style is almost as nausea-inspiring as the jittery
camera techniques of The Blair Witch Project. Even an average episode of
"The Simpsons" has more thought behind it than this.. If this crudely
animated stuff is enough to attract a following, what would its fans do if
someone showed them a real cartoon?"

Feel free to E-mail him at: SKAD13@aol.com and tell him how you feel.