Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Thu, 18 May 2000 01:21:33 -0700

MS06ZAK@aol.com wrote:

> But then Howcome in the original Japanese series, whenever (out of the million times) Amuro yells Char you can hear the "r" sound?

By jove I think you are right. He does say "Sharu me!" Most other characters, Akai shuisei included, pronounce it more like Shaa
though.

Let me just say, I have always spelled it as Char, and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I can see how someone could romanize it as
Sha. Most of Schodt's spellings suck IMHO.

---Brett Jensen