Peter Savin (pedro@shiporama.org)
Thu, 18 May 2000 13:04:42 -0700

>Ok, it *is* Char, ***but*** the reason the Japanese pronounce it like Sha
is
>because they can't. My parents are Korean, and they somewhat have a
similar
>problem, because of the alphabet they grew up with, they can't annunciate
>certain sounds. For example, Lawyer would sound like Rawyel. Something
like
>that. Same case for the Japanese.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never pronounce most of these
names correctly, unless I learn to speak Japanese. I mean, how the heck are
you supposed to pronounce Zssa?? And if Gouf is pronounced the way one
might think (maybe it is, I dunno)...well, it would be....goofy. :)

Peter Savin
bawoo@shiporama.org