Robert Fleming (RFleming@24hourfit.com)
Thu, 18 May 2000 10:49:57 -0700

I believe the term Destroid came about when the English version ("Robotech")
of Macross was released. All the Source books for the RPG refer to the
Phalanx, Tomahawk, and Gladiators as Destroids.

-----Original Message-----
From: Echo|Fox [mailto:echofox@wingzero.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 10:20 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] Nomenclature

> I think that destroid is a term that was created for the Robotech version.

Actually i'm fairly sure its a Macross term. That's what all of the people
in alt.fan.macross call them, and they are decidedly anti-robotech =)
I'm at work so I can't check, but i seem to recall that in Macross VFX-2
the variable destroid koenig Monster (shutter->normal destroid
mode->battroid) is specifically referred to as a destroid.
i could be on crack though, so someone should verify.

Echo|Fox

> > >Antibody
(Brainpowered) > > >There's got to be a lot more. Anyone?