MS06ZAK@aol.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 08:30:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/17/00 6:01:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
cdupchurch@hotmail.com writes:

<< >Is the dubbing(Or at least, the dubbing script) for the three Gundam
movies
>out there really that bad? I heard it's done by ZRO limit
>productions/Animaze, which is the best dub company, but according to
>Animerica, the script is really, really messed up and a bad
>translation(Whereas the subtitled is fine). I'm asking because I'll be able
>to save money by buying the dub, since the sub is about $10.00 more.

 I'm also interested in hearing comments on the dub quality of the Gundam
 Movies. I'd like to hear from someone who has the 0080 dub as well. I've
 already got both subtitled, but I'm considering introducing Gundam to my
 younger cousins (one of them suffers from dyslexia, so a subed video
 wouldn't be a good idea).

It is not extremely horrible once you get use to it. The only things that
REALLY irked me was that everyone kept calling the Gundam the Gun Damn. And
also I get pissed when they pronounce Char Aznable as Sha Aznable. Another
Intriguing question is why does Saylah/Artesia speak with an Irish accent? I
mean if Char did too, it would at least be internally realistic. The whole
thing could have been done better. But the nice thing about the dub is that
you can focus on the animation more without having to sit and read everything.

Jason