Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Wed, 17 May 2000 16:20:43 MST

As has already been pointed out, there are quite a few people on this list
who don't like 0083 (I know because I'm one of them). However, I think that
0083 might have been a much better series if it were longer. 0083 is
already the longest Gundam OVA series, but if it had been released as a TV
series instead (say 26 eps) it could have had a lot more elbow room.

The biggest benefit would have been to character development. There would
have been time for Kou Uraki's character to develop from the childish wimp
so many of us love to hate into a more mature, competent individual. We
could have learned more of Gato's backstory with Nina before the last two
episodes and the writers could have shown us the reason why he was so
dedicated to Zeon ideals. Delaz could have become a much more three
dimensional character. The motives behind Cima's betrayal could have been
explored, along with her own past.

In addition, plot points, like the scheming and disputes in the Federation
high command, could have been explained much more clearly with more time.

Overall, I think more would have been better where 0083 was concerned.