Michael Wong x4241 (Michael.Wong@nsc.com)
Wed, 17 May 2000 12:59:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hiya'll:

> You should really watch the original series, even though the animation is
> dated, its the most important story in the whole Gundam Universe. Then I
> would watch 0080 and then 0083.

No argument from me here, definitely start with the original series. Note
I am not talking about the hacked to pieces movies. The animation is dated,
but it sets up all the background of the Gundam Universe. I recently watched
the whole thing again on T.V. again and was surprised by how much better it is
when compared to the crappy movies!

Don't you guys hate all these anime movies that are simply bad cut and paste
jobs done on T.V. series? Most of the time it's so badly done that the story
doesn't even make sense anymore. I really hated how spliced the Ranba Ral (sp?)
story with the black trinary together and ended up screwing it up in the first
movie; also cutting out the action between Gundam and the Medieval Knight
look-a-like MS is inexcusable. IMHO the unholy trinity of the 3 original movies
should be burned and forgotten while the original T.V. series should be released
in U.S., same should be done to other terrible spliced job like 0083 movie,
first Creamy Mami movie... etc. The 0080 movie was actually decent, but still,
it's not as good as the 6 episode series.

P.S. I would really like to find out what the name of the MS is, the circular
shield that shots rockets out of it and that huge yellow beam saber are way
cool.