Enriquez, Eric (EEnriquez@hatch.ca)
Tue, 16 May 2000 15:26:16 -0400

Scopedog is a good design from the outside but the seat inside the cockpit
seems a bit too big. The model kit from Takara is not too bad for a very
old model.

I guess we are too spoiled with the MG series from Bandai.....

Anyway the IPMS model contest is in a few weeks and I plan to enter a desert
red shoulder Scopedog, a MG GM custom and my first MG project a Zeta Gundam.

Wish me luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Jensen [mailto:heero@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 2:56 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] Underrated Gundam mecha

Mark Simmons wrote:

> Nope. Okawara did the rough drafts of the Mk.II and Hizack, which were
> then "cleaned up" by Kazumi Fujita, who also created the Z Gundam. (Nagano
> also took a shot at the Z Gundam's head - his antennae-less version
appears
> in silhouette in the first version of the Z Gundam opening.)

Interesting. In retrospect, the Zeta didn't appear in the "Ironworks" book.
Ohkawara
gets no respect. ^_^ It might have something to do with all the stiff and
unrealistic joints on his early Gundam and Dougram designs. Still the man
did create
the Scopedog which I still think is the best mecha design ever.

---Brett Jensen