Sun, 14 May 2000 20:51:39 -0400

Mark Simmons wrote:

> M. R. Hannibal asks,
>
> >Does anyone out there know who planned Operation British? "Giren's Ambition"
> >makes it out that Delaz planned it, with Giren's blessing.
>
> I think it just has Delaz proposing a _second_ Operation British, much
> later in the war.
>
> As for the original Operation British, the Shin Matsunaga comic from
> Hobby Japan's RPG Magazine Great depicts the operation as being directed
> by Giren, and commanded by Lieutenant General Killing J. Dannigan of the
> Space Attack Force. (The comic's creators seem to have borrowed this bit
> from Entertainment Bible 39.) After the operation fails, Killing attempts
> suicide by poison, and Dozul is assigned to try the operation once more.
> This second attempt turns into the Battle of Ruum, where the colony drop
> is thwarted but the Federation fleet is wiped out.

Would this happen to be the same Killing of 0080 fame? Of course if we combine
this with MS Era, it would appear his second suicide attempt was a success.

> >British is carried out by Space Attack Force and Mobile Attack Force.
>
> That's right. I'm not clear exactly what role the Mobile Assault Force
> played, though - I have a hunch that the 1st Mobile Infantry Division was
> used for the dangerous, dirty work of reinforcing the colony cylinder and
> attaching the engines. They seem to have been stuck with crap work like
> gassing colonies and combat engineering, before the Zeons realized the
> true combat potential of the mobile suit.

I thought it was the Zeon Marines that did this type of work. Any indication what
the Marines' relationship to the other Zeon units were? Were they part of the
MAF, SAF, or neither? If MAF, were they part of the 1st Division? Also, were they
any bigger than Cima's c30 MS force?

    Neil Baumgardner