GTGokouX@aol.com
Sat, 13 May 2000 21:58:57 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/00 6:53:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
RagnarokD5@aol.com writes:

> I just noticed that in Gundam Wing there are alot of characters with
> French numbers as names. Quatre and Treize are 4 and 13. Does anyone
know
> the official spelling of leader of White Fang's name(Kanz). If it's
Quinze
> then that's yet another french number. Also is the "Sank" Kingdom spelled
> Sank or Cinq? I find it quite strange that so many people are named for
> numbers. Out of all the things you can name people.
> It does allow for some funny events in my French class though.
Whenever

> the number 4 is said, all the Gundam fans in the room yell "Qua-ter-rah!".

> Well, just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

    Yeah, I noticed that too. The official spelling is Quinze too, I believe.
Or at least it was in the Japanese version. Not sure about Sank / Cinq, but
that's interesting. And aside for all the usage of numbers, there's a whole
lotta horoscope signs. Libra, Aries, Cancer, Leo, Pisces, Virgo, yadda yadda.
I wonder whats up with this and the French numbers.. Anyone know?

    ~Gokou