Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Fri, 12 May 2000 22:59:58 MST

>Hey, I'm in need of a couple more model kits. I already stocked up on a
>couple Gunpra to last me a month, but I wouldn't know what to get after
>that.
> Any of you guys have any suggestions? Lemme know what your 3 most
>favorite
>mecha models are, and I'll try to get them. I'm not experienced enough to
>get into the resin kits yet, so be kind. I'm mostly interested in Gundam
>but
>anything mecha will do.

Well, I'd recommend against the MG GP01. The GM Custom was very good. The
Zaku II was a bit of a pain to assemble, espically the cables and monoeye,
but the enormous array of weapons more than makes up for it (I may have to
buy Char's Zaku even though I don't like red just to get the full set of
weapons).

I've heard good things about the Dom and the Mk. II, but I don't have any
experience with them myself. They're next on my list of stuff to get when I
have the money. It'll be a while, unfortunately. (hell, I can't really
afford to buy the stuff I've got on order from HLJ right now!)

As for non-Gundam, I've assembled some of the 1/144 Macross kits. Frankly,
they're not very impressive when compared to the Gundam Wing 1/144s I've
done (much less an MG model). My latest HLJ order includes an Ingram model,
which looks pretty good (one of my friends liked it) but I haven't gotten
around to it quite yet. (hey, 1.5 MGs in one day is pretty good!)

Right now I'm assembling my Alex and so far it is by far the best MG yet!
I'm not done, but just based on what I've done so far (legs, arms and head)
I'd have to recommend it.