-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Fri, 12 May 2000 20:25:07 -0700

At 22:13 5/11/2000, you wrote:
>> I'd use
>> a geodesic arrangement of hexagonal cells, along the lines of the
>> familiar
>> honeycomb, with a different local vertical for each of the six
>> lobes, such
>> that the floor was always toward the center of mass, but that would be a
>> lot harder to draw, much less animate.

I was actually thinking of Solomon/Konpeitoh when I wrote this, not
A'Bao'A'Qu. Solomon is shaped somewhat like a jack, with points going
North (up, actually), South (down), East (left), West (right), Front and
Back. A'Bao'A'Qu is the one shaped like an ice cream cone, the result of
fusing two asteroids together.

>Is Axis the only astroid habitat with a gravity block? It would appear that
>the Mowsa is a Bernard sphere.
>Luna 2 and A'Bao'A'Qu could have as well.

Axis is the only asteroid shown to have a gravity block system. Yes, there
could be gravity blocks in all of the large asteroid bases. Luna 2 is an
oblate spheroid and could well have a gravity block at its center. Ditto
Solomon, at the intersection of the six lobes. A'Bao'A'Qu has a spheroid
grafted to a cone, so the placement seems obvious here, too.

But, to my knowledge, no such gravity block has ever been cited for any of
them.

-Z-