-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Thu, 11 May 2000 19:18:04 -0700

At 22:52 5/10/2000, you wrote:
>I would be really amazed if this show was ever brought to the west. If it
>helps
>the Japanese title was 'Ikkyu-san' after the boy's adopted monastic name.
>
>Here is a picture of him
>http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milkyway-Kaigan/1935/soujyunn.jpg
>
>The Kanji shown is his name Ikkyu.

AH, I found it! Ikkyu-san aired from 15 October 1975 to 28 June 1982 --
over 7 years -- a respectable run for any TV show. And I've seen this
little tyke before, though I can't say where. I can't make out the kanji,
but it doesn't seem to be the one for "first class" (which would've been my
first guess) -- is it a play on words?

-Z-