Gan (fstop@post.com)
Fri, 12 May 2000 09:23:52 +0800

Lim Jyue wrote:
>At 01:19 05/11/2000 -0700, Edward Ju wrote:
> >The head "cover" moves, the "base" that houses the monoeye is, IIRC, fixed
> >to the body itself. When you move the "cover" around, it creates an
> >illusion that the head is actually moving.
>
> I'll take a closer look the next time I go past a Dom box. From the
>description you gave, it seems the whole mono-eye is based on a turntable
>which can turn slightly up and down too. The cover must be pretty
>tight-fitting, IIRC the image of a Dom correctly.

OK, maybe I can help as I've got one of my Doms in front of me. The cover
goes over the monoeye base to form the head, which in turn sits on
platform. Head + platform rotates left/right together, but is restricted to
about 15 degrees either way because of the shoulder structures on the side.
The head itself tilts up a bit, and this exposes the Zaku-like cables under
the chin.

Maybe this picture will make it clearer:
http://www.ehobbyland.com/MG-DOM3.jpg

- Gan