Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Thu, 11 May 2000 17:19:27 -0700

Joon Chang asks,

> UC 01 is when the first Side went up, UC standing for Universal Century.
> However, before they built the first Side in orbit, they used the AD system
> of keeping track of the years (such as how now is AD 2000). And so, in what
> AD (AD standing for Anno Domini, or "in the year of our lord") is UC 01?

  This is a matter of ongoing research and debate. But, by referring to the
established dates and timelines, we've been able to narrow it down to just a
handful of likely candidates - 2081 AD being the most promising. For a
detailed discussion of the available evidence and the reasoning we've
applied, see...

  <http://www.dyarstraights.com/msgundam/frontier.html#Calendar>

-- Mark