Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Thu, 11 May 2000 16:12:19 +0800

Richie, I have a copy of it. I'll lend it to you later.

Personally, Wings of Honneamise was a bit too superfluous. I didn't like the
designs, the plot was a bit too contrived and the overall delivery was
boring.

I dunno if they wanted to make an art film or what, but Wings definitely
didn't move me or touch me in any way. Half the time I wanted to press fast
forward to get a move on. I also found it a bit too preachy as well - I
found that they fell flat on their face in trying to be too profound.

There are a lot of other animated movies that are great examples of well
delivered slow plot development with good ideas behind them. Give me
Miyazaki or other Ghibli movies on exploring the wonder of being human. Give
me the Patlabor movies for effectively executed thrillers while not shoving
down our throats about how dependent we are on technology.

my two cents...

Fed

"A moose once bit my sister..."