Thu, 11 May 2000 01:01:57 -0700 (PDT)

--- Roger Harkavy <mogomra@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Some sad Gundam-related news that I just received:
>
>> I just received a sad news that one of the
>> outstanding voice actor, Shiozawa
>> Kaneto, passed away on May 10 at the age of 46.
>> According to the information provided by a person
>> working for animation industry, he slipped
> > from the stairs at his home and hit his head. He
>> played Ma Kube in GANDAM,
>> Ru Kain in LAYZNER, Kashimu in DOUGRAM, Baiman in
>> VOTOMS. He was excellent
>> at performing villains. So shocked.

Thanks, Roger. The news is confirmed by Japan's Asahi
Shimbun on May 10th:

http://www.asahi.com/0510/news/condolences10010.html

Besides playing Ma Kube, Shiozawa was also the voice
of Cameron Bloom, Mirai's fiance in Gundam 0079. You
can view his resume as a seiyuu at:

http://www.tcp.com/doi/seiyuu/shiozawa-kaneto/roles-anime.html

Kaneto Shiozawa (1954-2000) - R.I.P.

Nightingale.