Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Thu, 11 May 2000 08:55:48 +0800

From: Jam Masta' Jay <roaddogg_jp@hotmail.com>

> 2. This is kinda OT, but aside from Gundam, What's your Favorite Anime?
Mine
> is Akira, Flat out(I can't get enough of that movie)

Akira was great - but the Manga is even better. There's a lot lost from not
letting the characters develop naturally there in the movie.

They did a good job cramping into 2 hr. 20 min. what it would have taken 50
or so episodes to develop into a good story format. But it confused the hell
out of people getting into anime for the first time.

Mine:

1) Nadesico - my fave series of all time (currently). The antithesis of
Gundam and Yamato - and spoofs them well too.
2) Space Cruiser Yamato - saw it translated in three different forms and
still never get tired of it. Love the opening theme. ("YAH-MAH-TOHHH!!!!")
3) Dangard Ace - my secret giant robot fave, and the best giant robot design
I've ever seen. I've never seen it in full - but I've always been moved by
the story. The last episode I ever saw was the Dangard Robo already in space
inside that massive ship. (Does anyone have any later eps. of this series?)
4) Mazinger Z - Koji Kabuto rules. (I should look for a copy of the english
vers. of that theme - He's a giant robot man, Mazinger Z!!! Mazinger go
fighting, Stronger than his enemy!!!)
5) Lupin III - Lupin, Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko are the best act around.

My recent faves:

1) Cowboy Bebop - the best I've seen in a while. The modern Lupin III.
2) Gasaraki - the most kickass opening theme I've heard or seen since - you
have definitely got to love the percussion buildup from the heartbeat. The
story is a bit dragging but worthwhile if you get past all the angst. ADV is
going to release this soon. (Dust to Dust... Ashes to Ashes... Soul to
Soul...)
3) Card Captor Sakura - the only real Magical girl series I ever liked. Full
of funny nutty characters (my fave is Tomoyo).

Fed