David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Wed, 10 May 2000 13:28:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 10 May 2000 16:14:21 EDT, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> In a message dated 5/10/00 1:00:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
> Macross3@excite.com writes:
>
> > If Macross II hadn't been marketed as a Macross STORY, I might have
accepted
> > (as well as other fans). As it stands, it is not a worthy addition to
the
> > Macross world, but by itself, it is not terrible.
>
> How narrow minded. That's like saying you love pancakes, but hate
flapjacks,
> because were what they were called when you were a kid.
>
> Macross II has Vakyries, music, aliens attacking, the Macross fortress, a

> store that transends war ... every thing that make Macross great. But you

> hate it because it was called Macross, even though it was not made by the

> same people that did Macross, Macross DYRL, Macross Plus, and Macross 7.
I've
> read all the stuff covering the Macross universe, and I can't agree with
the
> exclusion of Macross II just because if was a little different, and done
by
> somebody else.

Perhaps you should read my post again before you start dishing out
accusations (and deny everyone else the freedom of expressing their own
opinions). I made it very clear that I did not think it was bad--in fact, I
DID enjoy it. However, my feeling is that many people did not like it simply
because it is