Chaos025@aol.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 16:14:21 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/00 1:00:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Macross3@excite.com writes:

> If Macross II hadn't been marketed as a Macross STORY, I might have accepted
> (as well as other fans). As it stands, it is not a worthy addition to the
> Macross world, but by itself, it is not terrible.

How narrow minded. That's like saying you love pancakes, but hate flapjacks,
because were what they were called when you were a kid.

Macross II has Vakyries, music, aliens attacking, the Macross fortress, a
store that transends war ... every thing that make Macross great. But you
hate it because it was called Macross, even though it was not made by the
same people that did Macross, Macross DYRL, Macross Plus, and Macross 7. I've
read all the stuff covering the Macross universe, and I can't agree with the
exclusion of Macross II just because if was a little different, and done by
somebody else.

Just like in Gundam, where half the people on this list can't stand anything
not UC, while the other half have never seen a UC Gundam show, and yet scared
off by all the "this is a UC mailing list, not a AC mailing list" bullshit. I
love G Gundam! Gundam X is cool, even if a bit rushed. Wing is awesome, even
though I truly dislike every one of the Gundam pilots.

Don't get me wrong, UC is absolute best anime saga I have the pleasure of
viewing. Macross is the second, only because it doesn't have as many shows
under its belt.

And you know what? Gunbuster beats them all out!

SJ

EXO Mechanical Editor & Mecha Fan
http://exogear.speckworld.com