Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
10 May 2000 18:51:21 -0000

On Wed, 10 May 2000 11:25:58 -0700 Brett Jensen <heero@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Freedom045@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I love the original 36-episode series and the movie. It's a travesty that both are so maligned by the abomination that is Macross 7. I was in Japan when M7 premiered and I almost threw my TV set out the window when Nekki Basara started singing his way into battle. UGH!!! and people criticize "ROBOTECH"?
>
>I like Macross 7! And I'm a hardcore Macross fan, (I'm about to buy the damn series for the third time!) and I think M7 carries the spirit of the original series better than any of the other sequels.
>
>There are alot of dorky things in the show, but if you drop your preconceptions you might enjoy it. It's alot like G Gundam in that respect.
>
>I agree with you on one thing: Macross II sucks Quamzin's Magdomilla! ^_^
>
>---Brett Jensen

While I might agree with you on Macross 7 Brett (I love it, that's why I have the entire series, movie and OAV sequel, and all those eps they made, but didn't air along with the rest, and yes, I'm a hardcore Macross fan), I like the mecha designs and music of Macross II. I admit, the story isn't anything more than a rehash of the original series, but the mecha were cool and the music was good enough that it was included in Macross 7 (you know, the Jamming Birds were singing it?). That's why I doled out the money for both OST volumes from Macross II. And of course, I have about 5 or so STs from Macross 7, and about 3 from the original series. Oh, and 3 of the 4 Macross Plus STs (only missing "For Fans Only").

Roland

My apologies if this comes through more than once. I'm having problems with this mail server right now.

Internet solutions for the 21st century