James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 05:55:01 -0800

> ><< Dude, it's a manga _ADAPTATION_, not a film book of the anime series.
> > Plenty of creative license were taken to speed up the pace (you gotta
> > admit, structurally, Wing's pacing on TV was slow and unorganized).
> > If you think this is bad, wait until you see the manga adaptation
>of V Gundam
> > or Gundam X. >>
> >
> >I understand that. But man, when people take creative liberties,
>they sure as
> >hell take them.

I suspect the comic would hold up better in one of those massive
Japanese phonebook mangas. These flimsy 20 page brochures that pass
for comics in America are a bad way to read manga.

>Bitch and moan about the the flipping while you're at it... how come only
>Evangelion got a non-flipped edition treatment?
>
>Eddie

The Dragonball comics are non-flipped as well as the english edition
Five Star Stories. I think it has to do with the original artist
complaining loudly about not flipping the books. Also I think Diamond
(the monopolistic comic distributor) doesn't like flipped books?

-James