Sat, 22 Apr 2000 20:14:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- Tomonaga <Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Nightingale wrote:
>
>> When I compare the same quotes being spoken in the
>> original (Gundam 0079) TV series and movie trilogy,

>> it seems that the voice acting in TV series
delivers
>> an air of anthority and originality; the same
quotes
>> I heard on the movies (which all the voice acting
>> were redone) sounds lazy or too fast. What do you
>> think?
>>

> Are you sure about 'all' the voice acting being
> redone ? I noticed the completely new lines and also

> some lines that were taken from another situation
and
> added to the movies but I always thought they were
> just using the lines from the TV series for the most
> part.

Maybe I shouldn't say 'all', but you may be aware that
the movie trilogy was done with some care,
particularly the animations which has substantial
updates plus several brand new animations. My thought
is that if Sunrise put this much effort on
re-animation alone, they wouldn't mind spending some
more to redo the voice acting. Since there are quite a
lot of new scenes there for the characters, so a
completely new voice acting job is not out of
question.

> Anyway after comparing Char's lines from the TV and
> the Movie, I see what you are getting at. Although
> can't hear any difference in the lines leading up to

> it, I did notice that the Movie version sounds
rushed
> and less authoritative because the pauses have been
> removed. Other than that they sound exactly the same

> to me. It's amazing what effect a simple pause has
> in speech. The line had two decent pauses in the TV

> series but I guess they removed them to cut down the

> running time...

Editing the original voice tapes is one of the
possible differences, but I paid some attention over
Amuro and Char's speech in the movies. They seems to
sound very casual unlike what I heard on TV series,
which they sound serious and deliver a sense of
urgency. I also notice a change of pitch in the
movies, which maybe due to the editing as you and I
suspect, but this could also due to a new voice
acting. Confusing :)

Anyway, I prefer what I hear from 0079 TV series.
These are the stuff in which a legend is made of.

Nightingale.