SiberioS@aol.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 22:49:44 EDT

        I made the very unfortunate mistake of picking up the Gundam Wing
comic today (translated by none other then Mixx.....eck). What follows is a
list of my complaints.

---Heero looks like he's psychotically happy all the time.
---Who's stupid idea was it for all the Gundam pilots to call their Gundam's
"their rides".
---Why do they say on page 19 "Fight Back with Leo"
---Why does Relena look happy when Heero points a friggan gun at her? I mean
he tells her he's going to kill her and she just smiles and goes "What?".
---Why do they call it the Allied Earth Forces instead of the United Earth
Sphere Alliance?
---Did they really have to change Duo's and Heero's meeting?

        Basically the comic sucks. The art is average, the pacing and
direction horrible, the translation (besides being totally different from the
show in many respects) blows, and the whole retouching job (sound effects
etc) is downright amateurish. Only if Viz had translated this title we would
atleast have decent dialogue.