Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:15:43 MST

I know at least one review of the book MS Era 0099 has already appeared on
this list, but I got my copy today and I just have to comment on it. This
book is GREAT!

It's got 105 highly detailed pictures of chronicling the One Year War and
the events leading up to it. You can tell a great deal of time and trouble
was spent making these drawings look like photographs. There are many
places where photographic artifacts not present in the original drawing
(grain, motion blurring) have been added (some people may not appreciate
this, but as a photographer, I think it's pretty neat). All the captions
are in english (with Japanese translations provided).

I'm a die hard 0080 fan, and I've got to say that people who liked 0080 will
be especially pleased with this book. It's not just that a sharp eye can
spot 0080 characters in several photographs, but the whole book seems to
share 0080's humanistic perspective. Very rarely is a mobile suit the
center of the shot. Much like 0080 itself they are part of the background,
the focus is on how people react to them.

I just can't convey how much I love this book.