Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:39:51 -0700 (PDT)

--- Tomonaga <Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Hanko is the Japanese word for the stamp (stamping
> device only).

Thanks, Tet!

> I saw something in the manual that may make you >
frown, that is if you haven't already figured it out.
> The battery cannot be replaced! :( But I guess it
> will last a long time,

I knew that. That's why that small piece of plastic
insulator comes in handy: the voice circuit will
activate once the plastic is pull out, and deactivate
when put back on. I keep the plastic 'on' whenever I
don't use the voice part to keep the battery last a
little longer...

> and maybe if you were so inclined, you could find a
> way to open it up and replace it anyway... : )

Picture 1 on the manual didn't show it, but under the
feet of each figure there's a small screw located at
the right side of the circuit hatch (where the plastic
insulator is located). I may try to open it when the
battery runs out.

> But I do find it a little disconcerting when the
> manual says...when the battery runs out you can just

> use it as a stamp holder!

I don't mind. These toys are cute! :) Hmm... what kind
of stamp should I order? a Gundam head? a Zak head?
or, a stamp with the following sentence: "I was robbed
by Banpresto!" :)

> I'm sure they will bring out similar products in
> the future. In case you didn't know, there is
another

http://www2.justnet.ne.jp/~ttokubo/sonota/grf.jpg

http://www2.justnet.ne.jp/~ttokubo/ban/gandam.jpg

> These are also crane game prizes in Japan.

Thanks, Tet :) See my reply on other post.

Nightingale.