Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:58:48 +1200

Tomonaga wrote:

> Hanko is the Japanese word for the stamp (stamping device only).
>
> I saw something in the manual that may make you frown, that is if you haven't already
> figured it out. The battery cannot be replaced! : ( But I guess it will last a long time,
> and maybe if you were so inclined, you could find a way to open it up and replace it
> anyway... : ) But I do find it a little disconcerting when the manual says...when the
> battery runs out you can just use it as a stamp holder!
>
> I'm sure they will bring out similar products in the future. In case you didn't know,
> there is another line of Banpresto Gundam related 'sound' toys that feature the sound of
> weapons. They could easily change the voices if they wanted to.
>
> Pic of the four MS in the series (original packaging)
> http://www2.justnet.ne.jp/~ttokubo/sonota/grf.jpg
>
> Banpresto promo pic
> http://www2.justnet.ne.jp/~ttokubo/ban/gandam.jpg
>
> These are also crane game prizes in Japan.

You may be interested to know that I have found a site that maintains archives of Banpresto
prize product releases back to May 1999.

http://www.zdnet.co.jp/gamespot/prize/index.html

Also regarding the aforementioned Gundam Real Sound Figure Collection, there may possibly be a
really cool bonus. If you looked at the above pics of these figures you may have been wondering
what sound effect the Gouf makes.... Nightingale, perhaps you will be able to confirm it but my
guess from the text relating to these products is that it says the classic Ranba Ral line 'Zaku
to wa chigau no da yo' !! : )

 http://www.zdnet.co.jp/gamespot/prize/05/b/pbanpre0505.html

Tet