Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tet,

I've finally bought the 'Gundam Sound Hanko Bazooka'
stamp/toy set today:

http://side7.gundam.com/newtype_asylum/mania/G_Merchandise/Gundam_Bazooka/Bz_box_btm.jpg

I bought both the RX-78 Gundam and Char's Zaku to find
out if they actually feature real voice actors. Here's
what I've found out:

You mentioned earlier that the voice will activate
when user loads the stamp part (available separately)
into the bazooka. (the stamp itself is compatible with
Shachihata X Stamper Name 9):

http://www.shachihata.co.jp/products/xstamper/xkisei/xl9.htm

Fortunately, I find out that its voice will activate
without loading any stamp. Take a look at its manual:

http://side7.gundam.com/newtype_asylum/mania/G_Merchandise/Gundam_Bazooka/Bz_manual.jpg

Picture 1 shows the unit will be operational after you
pull off that small piece of plastic insulator at the
bottom.

Picture 2 shows how to load the stamp into the
bazooka.
(a 'bazooka cap' is included to cover the stamp when
not in use)

Picture 3 shows how to make the unit sounds: to stamp,
you must pull off the cap, and gently press the stamp
to the paper/surface intended to be stamped. The voice
will activate while the stamp is pressed.

The trick is on the bazooka's barrel. It's actually
extendable when pushed backwards, and the unit will
voice out the pre-recorded chant/sentence whenever I
push the barrel. So this solves the 'X Stamper
compatible' issue for users outside Japan :)

As you've mentioned last time, RX-78 will voice out
the chant 'Ochiro! Ochiro! Ochiro!' ('Go Down! Go
Down! Go Down!') and Char's Zaku will say 'Mitometaku
nai mono dana...' ('I do not want to accept it...').
While I can't make out whether Gundam voice is by Toru
Furuya (Amuro's voice actor), I am 99% for certain
that the Zaku's voice is definitely by Char's voice
actor Shuichi Ikeda, with the sentence being taken
from the early episode of Gundam 0079 TV series.

For HK$60.00 (or US$7.70) apiece, these 2 little guys
are fun and dandy for anyone's office table. I hope
Banpresto or Bandai will put out more of these fun
product soon. Examples that comes to my mind: GP-01
vs. GP-02 ('Solomon, I am back!'), Gundam vs. Zeong,
Zeta Gundam vs The O, nu-Gundam vs Sazabi, etc..

And Tet, what does the word 'hanko' from the product
title 'Sound Hanko Bazooka' mean? Thanks!

Nightingale.
Newtype Asylum
http://side7.gundam.com/newtype_asylum/