David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:25:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:35:39 EDT, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> All wars are stupid. Nobody "wins" , and everyone "loses". Why? Think of
how
> many people have no more families, relatives, etc. War is hell.

I wouldn't say nobody wins in a war. Sure, there are bound to be a heck of a
lot of losers, but in a war, the winners are usually the ones who *aren't*
on the battlefield. Basically, politicians. Are wars ever justified? What is
"just?" Sometimes people fight in order to survive. While it's easy to
preach pacifism and such, these methods only work on people who are willing
to accept such ideas. Thus, a war would never even occur if both sides were
pacifist thinkers.

Jojo